Important Information – COVID-19’
There is no cover under this policy for Coronavirus related claims (meaning COVID-19, SARS-COV-2 or any mutation or variation of these), except claims under Section 2 – Emergency Medical and other expenses, where cover will only apply IF the Beneficiary has had the first 2 doses of the Covid-19 vaccinations as recommended by the UK NHS and is up to date with each Covid-19 booster vaccination for which they are eligible, or they were medically unable to have the vaccinations as evidenced by their medical records.
If the Beneficiary meets this requirement, this Group Policy Travel Insurance will provide cover if the Beneficiary needs medical treatment for Coronavirus while abroad or they have to extend their trip because they contracted Coronavirus or they are compulsorily quarantined on the orders of a treating medical practitioner due to Coronavirus, suspected Coronavirus or exposure to someone who has been diagnosed with Coronavirus.
Please be aware that in the event of a claim, we will require a copy of the positive COVID-19 test result that the Beneficiary received from a registered medical practitioner or independent authority (e.g., private provider), or if the claim relates to the beneficiary being quarantined on the orders of a treating medical practitioner, we will require written proof of this.
Please note that a Positive Lateral Flow test (or a picture of a positive lateral flow test) without supporting evidence or certification is not sufficient proof of claim.
Click here to view the full Covid-19 Cover Frequently Asked Questions.
Insurance purchased through Wasteland Travel
We believe that safety and enjoyment are equally important when booking a holiday with Wasteland Ski. It is therefore why it is a condition of booking with Wasteland Ski that you have obtained adequate and valid specialist winter sports travel insurance for the entire duration of your trip.
Wasteland Ski have decided to partner with Endsleigh Insurance, where we have created a bespoke winter ski travel insurance policy that covers your participation on the slopes and your tour’s optional extras.
Cover includes cancellation and curtailment of the trip due to accident, illness or sickness; the cost of any repatriation back to the beneficiary’s home country following a medical emergency. Additionally cover for over 90 sports and activities are included as standard under this group policy and full details are available within the activity guide lists in the group policy documents.
The group policy has been arranged for the benefit of persons travelling on a trip (the beneficiary / beneficiaries) with Wasteland Ski (the group policyholder).
Key features and benefits:
- A 24 hour helpline for medical emergencies
- Emergency medical expenses in the event of illness or injury
- Protection against cancellation or curtailment charges
- Cover for loss or damage to baggage and personal money
- A wide range of sports and activities covered including winter sports
Key eligibility criteria and exclusions:
- Not available to anyone aged 85 or over
- No cover under cancellation or curtailment charges, emergency medical expenses or personal accident relating to any reason set out under ‘Important conditions relating to health’ – see group policy wording
- No cover where the FCO or World Health Organisation has advised against travel
- No cover where travel is not departing from and returning to your home country
- Each claim will be subject to a £150.00 excess wherever an excess applies
- There is no cover under this policy for Coronavirus related claims (meaning COVID-19, SARS-COV-2 or any mutation or variation of these), except claims under Section 2 – Emergency Medical and other expenses, where cover will only apply IF the Beneficiary has had the first 2 doses of the Covid-19 vaccinations as recommended by the UK NHS and is up to date with each Covid-19 booster vaccination for which they are eligible, or they were medically unable to have the vaccinations as evidenced by their medical records – Click here to view the full Covid-19 Cover Frequently Asked Questions.
The table below displays a summary of the maximum amounts which are payable under each section. Please note the group policy is subject to terms, conditions, limits and exclusions - please refer to the group policy wording and the statement of insurance for full details of the cover available.
Excess Waiver: If additional premium for excess waiver has been paid, the excess is reduced to £0.00 in the event of a claim under any section for which an excess applies.
A full copy of the insurance policy and statement of insurance document can be viewed in the below links – Including all Winter Ski Sports and Activities included on the policy. It is important you read the insurance policy prior to completing your booking so you are fully aware of the levels of cover provided and are confident that the policy will meet your needs.
Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC)
We highly recommend that all travellers obtain a Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC). It is important to note that this is not a replacement for travel insurance. The GHIC may not cover the cost of all treatment or repatriation as per that received in the UK.
Alternative travel insurance providers
Should you decide to make your own travel insurance arrangements, please note adequate and valid travel insurance is a requirement for all those travelling with Wasteland Ski. It is a condition of completing your booking with Wasteland Ski that you agree to obtain adequate travel insurance (including winter sports cover) by the date of departure. You must ensure there are no exclusion clauses that limit cover for the winter sports activities that form the basis of your ski trip with us.
If you have any questions about the travel insurance we have designed for you through Endsleigh, please contact the Wasteland Ski team 02082466677.
ESSENTIAL Statement of Insurance (Policy Nos: BS9 0000039)
ESSENTIAL Product Information Document
COMPREHENSIVE Statement of Insurance (Policy Nos: BS9 0000040)
COMPREHENSIVE Insurance Policy
COMPREHENSIVE Product Information Document
Pre Existing Medical Conditions Guide
Our Insurance – Terms of Business