Après ski is a great way to enjoy yourself after a long day on the slopes, and all resorts we travel to have a number of great bars to choose from. However, the combination of the cold, altitude, and dangers of skiing do mean you need to take some precautions.
- Dress appropriately and be warm!
- Make sure you place your skis and equipment somewhere memorable. This is particularly true for those with hire gear, as large numbers of you will have identical kit, which may be accidently taken when you leave the bars. Consider swapping one ski with a friend to mitigate the risk of this, or investing in gear like ski locks.
- Be responsible with how much you are drinking, and Don't drink too much as in some resorts you will have to ski/board down from the bar. If you think that you or a friend are going to struggle to get back down do not just chance it and ask the nearest rep for help back down, they will stay with you until you are safe - it is really important to bear this in mind as your insurance may not cover you for accidents related to excessive drinking while skiing/boarding.,
- When skiing back to resort, feel free to wait until most of the crowd is gone; it will be much easier to get down once the piste is less congested.
- Always inform a Wasteland rep immediately if someone is missing. While most incidents are simply down to a lack of communication, it is important that we start looking for missing persons alongside resort authorities as soon as possible on the off chance something has happened to them.