Wasteland Travel has specific emergency action plans and protocols in place to deal with every eventuality. The team on site will be briefed thoroughly, where they will work alongside the local authorities in the resort should escalation and action be required. These plans are comprehensive and as well as covering further outbreaks of the Coronavirus they also cover outbreaks of general communicable diseases that could be misconstrued as Coronavirus.
Wasteland Travel's action plans follow the basic principles laid out below:
- What precautions should I take ahead of my trip? All trip goers should consider the following measures to help in preventing the catching and spreading of any communicable diseases including Coronavirus while on the trip.
- Basic hygiene measures, frequent hand washing, and use of an alcohol-based hand gel, especially after using the bathroom or touching surfaces, should always be practiced.
- Maintain social distancing between yourself and others where possible.
- If you feel ill or suspect, it to be a case of COVID-19 due to symptoms displayed, please contact the emergency services for France via 112.
- Stay informed: It’s so important that you stay up to date with accurate news regarding the spread of the virus. Please keep up to date with the situation around you. Wasteland Ski will be distributing information to you via emails, letters and texts when you arrive into resort, please read them carefully.
- Following preventative measures: Preventative measures are pretty simple, wash your hands regularly, use hand sanitizer often as stated above however if you are unsure please follow the link below to the World Health Organizations ‘Basic Protective Measure’ page HERE
- Advice on how to remain COVID responsible In the mountains HERE
- Get checked out: If you're feeling any COVID-19 like symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has, call 111 for advice or testing before traveling. In this instance, we would ask that you think very carefully about traveling and the possibility of you infecting fellow passengers. If you are feeling ill and not wishing to travel please consult your doctor and obtain a sick note, this should help with any potential insurance claim. You should then contact your insurance broker and start the claims process.
PLEASE NOTE: You will also need to email @ firstname.lastname@example.org who will then be able to cancel your trip and provide any necessary paperwork for you to provide to your insurer.